Wednesday 30 October 2013

cool-MEW-nation :))

H A P P Y  M E W  D A Y 

for frengers all over Indonesia!!!



it was the MEW-est day we have been waiting for long. it was a final climactic stage when MEW ultiMEWtely came to see us in person for the fourth times (? - citation needed - wikipedia mode: on. LOL). at the core stake, i'd like to praise the almighty TWITTER, for making us tweeted not only craps but also spreading glorious news about Mew's upcoming shows.
 
I remembered the day when I came across a tweet saying that Mew had confirmed their show in Indonesia. it was a lame and dull afternoon. i was in my homie lil townie, spending my summer break (ahelahh :P) I just couldn't believe my own eyes! was it real? man! been 3 years since their last show in Kenjeran, Soerabaia! i dashed to my room and immediately texted my partner in criMEW. Angela Dias. WOOHOO! we're gonna throw a parteeeeeeehh! I bought the presale ticket on the day as it was tweeted by @SoundRhytm if i'm not mistaken it was on 27th of June '13. i could only say to myself, "Geez, seriously, it'll be like waiting for forever until October 26th! Man!"

counting down the days until October 26th wasn't as easy as I thought. periods of positive and negative events, moods or interactions happened. the best and the worst. even the worst mare. the bitter and the sweet. Tinged with sadness. it was an interval like a movie with a bittersweet ending. i flew too high, way too high and when I fell down, it hurt me so much. filled with disregard. instilled with an abrupt change of my image. well, we made mistake once in a while, righty? July ran smoothly, August was scummy. September was quite somber. OK-tober? it's the time to say OK to every single thing!

the D day has arrived, I could barely wait to go to the venue. the day before, one of my fellow frengers informed me that there'll be a meet and greet session with MEW and d'nassivep. I couldn't make it, alas. it was my office hour and I couldn't go anywhere. other frengers started posting their photos with MEW members. oh how lucky you guys are! so happy for yahh :))

things didn't go as i've planned. some senior teachers impelled me to go their party far far away in cisauk, gosh! seriously! i wouldn't be able to catch a train to jakarta! crapcrapcrap. i was off to jakarta like at 5, and the traffic was MENTAL! it took me an hour to go from BSD to Alam Sutra, which is only 5 or 7 km. i was so desperate at that moment. the tix would be expired at 7 pm. i thought i wouldn't make it..........

it was app 7.30 when I arrived. the queue line was way awful. we lined up. right at our back stood two female bules. they looked confuse. one of them finally asked me, "mba, maaf, bisa bahasa inggris?" i just surprised and giggled. they are kate from england and angela from US. they're exchange students embarking their bachelor degree on socio-culture at UNES Semarang. they came all the way from Semarang to watch One Republic. they even asked me "who is MEW? Indonesian band?" oh well.. =______= "they're Danish.." i bet they never heard of it before, they're quite 'mainstream'. hehe. 

we entered the venue at 8.30 pm. we missed club 8 but that's ok, since i only knew two songs of club 8, which are 'Whatever you want' and 'I would never' :P to my surprise, One Republic was outstanding. they had a marvelous live performance. fyi, i just noticed that Ryan Tedder is OneRep's vox soon before i went to Guinness Arthur's Day :P muehehe.. his vocal's got constant stability.high pitch and was just awesome. he's quite communicative, tho. he even said two impeccable things about Jakarta: it was quite beautiful, and the traffic was just crazy. he never saw motorcycles raced all over the place, in between cars, even on pavements! he also made funny gestures about this. he said Penne, Italy, shares the same typical of motorcycle riders like we have in Jakarta. :D

my watch showed 11.00 pm as the end result of a succession, when MEW's performed. The crowd was right under the spell of "Making Friends", "Special" and "The Zookeeper's Boy" and the rest of the set list I could hardly remember since I was busy ENJOYING ONE OF THE MOST PRECIOUS TIME IN MY WHOLE LIFE. since that time, i have decided to be a full time LIFE ENJOYER. ;))



*oh and by the way, I got editted this post and found a picture of MEW setlist live @ GAD. courtesy of @indofrengers :))




 




*Closing, Comforting Sounds








No comments:

Post a Comment