Wednesday 12 March 2014

Are You Mingier Than A Summer Finn?


*opening track*
now playing: Regina Spektor - Us.



Here by, I summed up some noteworthy dialogs, lines, and narrations from the movie that I'd never get bored to watch, might be for the 500th time(s) of 500 days of summer.

Author (((edited)))

The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you XXX. BEACH.

Narration

  • This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen of Margate, New Jersey, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met the one. This belief stemmed from early exposure to sad British pop music and a total mis-reading of the movie The Graduate. The girl, Summer Finn of Shinnecock, Michigan, did not share this belief. Since the disintegration of her parents' marriage she'd only loved two things. The first was her long dark hair. The second was how easily she could cut it off and feel nothing. Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story.
  • Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday.
  • If Tom had learned anything, it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple Earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is. Nothing more, than coincidence. Tom had finally learned there are no miracles, there is no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now. Tom was... he was pretty sure.




Tom

  • People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated.
  • Why make something disposable like a building when you can make something that lasts forever, like a greeting card.
  • You never wanted to be anybody's girlfriend, and now you're someone's wife?
  • Either she's an evil, emotionless, miserable human being, or... she's a robot.
  • I need to know that you're not gonna wake up tomorrow morning and feel differently.
  • It's these cards and the movies and the pop songs, they're to blame for all lies and the heartache, everything. 
  • This is lies. We are liars. Think about it. Why do people buy cards? It's not because they want to say how they feel. People buy cards because they can't say they feel or are afraid to. And we provide the service that let's them off the hook. You know what? I say to hell with it. Let's level with America. Or at least let them speak for themselves. Right? 

Tom vs Summer

Summer: We're just fr...
Tom      : [Interrupting]
Tom      : No! Don't pull that with me! This is not how you treat your friend! Kissing in the copy room? Holding hands in IKEA? Shower sex? Come on! Friends my balls!

and this one is the one really characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is~

Summer: We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now.
Tom      : Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy, seven times with a kitchen knife, I mean we have some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
Summer: No I'm Sid.
Tom      : Oh, so I'm Nancy...
[Pancakes arrive]
Summer: Let's just eat and we'll talk about it later. Mmm, that is good, I'm really glad we did this. I love these pancakes... what?
[Tom gets up and walks away from the table]
Summer: Tom, don't go! You're still my best friend!

Narrator 

Tom walked to her apartment, intoxicated by the promise of the evening. He believed that this time his expectations would align with reality...  

Summer

  • I just kept thinking..."Tom was right". It just wasn't me you were right about.
  • There's no such thing as love. It's a fantasy.
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble. -quoted from Belle & Sebastian in Summer's high school yearbook.







Dialogs

Vance: I don't mean to pry but... does this have something to do with Summer leaving?
Tom: Who?
Vance: My assistant... Tom, everyone knows. Never mind... and the reason I'm asking is because lately, your work performance seems to be... a little bit off.
Tom: I'm not following.
Vance: Okay, here's something that you wrote last week... "Roses are red, violets are blue... fuck you whore."

Taglines

  • Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn't. (((GIRL, TOO!!!)))
  • This is not a love story. This is a story about love.
  • It was almost like falling in love.

 whoops, we're not stopping there, check out!

WWYD?

What Would YOU Do?




and so?

 

The temporal end?

 thanks, Summer. you made my day. should I aspire you? *toilet flush*


I was kinda being preoccupied with these two characters; Tom Hansen and Summer Finn. They're just, like, indulged of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses. I found this unfeignedly article that I think was really disturbingly provocative. I don't wanna be you, Summer Finn. PERIOD. FULL STOP.


*closing track*
#nowplaying: Regina Spektor - Hero.




No comments:

Post a Comment